Bihar seeks adequate power from NE plants
Bodh Gaya: Bihar has set its eyes on the
power plants in North-Eastern states as well as Nepal having a
potential generation capacity of between 20,000-25,000 MW to
meet shortage of power for domestic consumption and industrial
development, Energy Minister Vijendra Yadav said on Friday.
Bihar and other North-Eastern states should get
adequate power from the plants located in their region as a
matter of their right, Yadav said after inaugurating the 20th
regional meeting of the Eastern Region Power Committee (ERPC)
here being attended by over 100 representatives of Bihar,
Sikkim, Orissa, West Bengal and Jharkhand, besides the
stakeholders like the NTPC, Powergrid, PTC and others.
Not only states of the region, besides Nepal have a
tremendous power generation capacity to the tune of 20,000 to
25000 MW, the transmission lines too have to pass through
these states as they are entitled a major share of the power
generated in the region, Yadav said.
The Energy minister urged the East and North-East
states to speak in a coordinated voice to seek substantial
power being generated at the power plants in their own
backyard, he said.
The delegates of the participating states at the ERPC
meeting should ponder over as to why there were less
consumption, supply and availability of power in their states
and formulate a combine strategy to take up their demands for
more supply with the government, the Energy Minister said.
Yadav further claimed that despite availability of
raw materials like coal and water and the comparative low cost
of power generation, the East and North-East states have been
discriminated in setting up power plants, supply of adequate
power for consumption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016