Bihar set to get normal rainfall this month: MET
Patna: Bihar is set to receive normal rainfall this month which will enable farmers to sow paddy and other kharif crops, the Met office said here on Tuesday.
Metereological Office Director D C Gupta said that the south-westerly monsoon is expected to remain stable this month and bring rains in the state, which receives normal to more than normal rainfall in August.
Till August 14, there has been 102.6 mm rainfall in Bihar, 12 per cent less than normal which is 117 mm, Gupta said.
The state had received 47 per cent less rainfall in June at 89.3 mm against average rainfall of 169.7 mm, while July witnessed an increase in the rainfall at 302.7 mmm against the monthly average rainfall at 339.8 mm, he said.
Overall, there was 24 per cent less than average rainfall in Bihar from June 1 to August 14 at 492.6 mm against the average rainfall of 644.2 mm.
Neighbouring Jharkhand has received nine per cent less rainfall than the average rainfall between June 1 and August 14 at 617.4 mm against average rainfall of 681.4 mm, he said.
Meanwhile, heavy rains lashed the state today with its capital Patna recording the highest rainfall at 59.6 mm.
More rainfall was expected in the next 48 hours, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31