Bihar sets up website for investors to find land
Kolkata: To help investors find land, the Bihar government has set up a website where landowners willing to sell their land can find buyers.
"We have this website where those who want to sell land can post details of it. So this becomes like a matchmaking site for investors and landowners," Bihar Industry Principal Secretary Naveen Verma said at a CII conference here.
He said that the website of Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA) also shows the market price of the land.
"We have land constraints because the land is fertile and also due to high density population. The cost of land also becomes higher as a result. But we will help you in buying land and also exempt stamp duty," Verma told potential investors.
He said that they have set up an agricultural roadmap till 2017 under which they have almost achieved their food processing sector target as per the vision document of the government.
Altogether they have approved the setting up of 152 rice mills out of which 67 are in production stage, he said, adding that the total investment in the food processing sector in the state has been about Rs 3,760 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!