Bihar: Sharad hits out at Lalu, Paswan for enforcing bandh
New Delhi: JD-U president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday hit out at RJD supremo Lalu Prasad and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan for enforcing Bihar Bandh over the `killing` of a school boy, who was later found in Delhi along with a girl with whom he had eloped.
"They should practise reason while doing politics. While they try to increase their political base and reach out to people on various issues, they should see that they are reasonable in their approach. Two persons were killed in the violence that erupted over the boy`s `killing`, who has now been found alive...The leaders should have thought over before agitating," Yadav said.
Two persons were killed in large-scale violence at Bihar`s Madhubani district that was triggered by school boy Prashant Kumar Jha`s "death". Opposition parties RJD, LJP, Congress and Left parties yesterday observed a day-long bandh in Bihar against police action in Madhubani.
The JD-U chief regretted that even Left parties joined the agitation led by Paswan and Prasad. Yesterday`s bandh was the first major one staged by the Opposition since the NDA returned to power in Bihar with a thumping majority in 2010.
Yadav also dismissed the criticism by some parties over Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s decision to cancel his Adhikhar Yatra after the Madhubani violence.
"The Chief Minister was right in cancelling the Yatra. When there is a law and order problem in a part of the state, any Chief Minister would focus on that rather than continuing yatras. After all the yatras are for people. Leaders should look at the issues with reason," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened