Bihar shares old political bond with Maharashtra: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said the state shares old political bond with Maharashtra and is witnessing rapid development to catch up with developed one like the latter.
"Bihar shares old political bond with Maharashtra as leaders like George Fernandes and Madhu Limye have immensely contributed to the state," Kumar said during an interaction with mediapersons from Maharashtra who are on tour here.
He wished that Mumbai surpass even Sanghai in terms of development, an official statement quoting him said.
Kumar told the visiting team that Bihar is making rapid strides on the path of progress to catch up with the developed states.
People from Bihar are hard working and have record of doing good work wherever they have gone, he said and mentioned that citizens from his native state had travelled to Mauritius on ships in old days and scaled great heights.
Of late Mumbai witnessed some unpleasant incidents following Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackrey targeting people from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh working in the western metropolis.
Kumar told the visitors about the rich history of the state as Lichhvi dynasty is considered as first republic of the world.
He told them about allround development taking place in the state particularly in agriculture and roads.
Kumar also informed them about the state making a fervent appeal to the Centre to provide it special status for expediting the growth process through largescale industrialisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations