‘Bihar should continue to demand special status’
Patna: The demand for special packages by states was "politically-motivated", Planning Commission Advisor, NC Saxena on Thursday said but insisted that Bihar should continue to press for the special category status.
"Mostly, the demand for special package by the states are
politically-motivated.. Bihar should continue to mount
pressure on obtaining special state category," Saxena said
addressing a function here.
He said the Finance Commission and Planning Commission
should be entrusted with the task of giving packages.
Saxena did not justify the demand of the states for
relaxation in Financial Responsibility and Budget Management
Act (FRBM) for getting more and more loans.
"The states should get the loans hardly three per cent of
its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed