‘Bihar should continue to demand special status’
Patna: The demand for special packages by states was "politically-motivated", Planning Commission Advisor, NC Saxena on Thursday said but insisted that Bihar should continue to press for the special category status.
"Mostly, the demand for special package by the states are
politically-motivated.. Bihar should continue to mount
pressure on obtaining special state category," Saxena said
addressing a function here.
He said the Finance Commission and Planning Commission
should be entrusted with the task of giving packages.
Saxena did not justify the demand of the states for
relaxation in Financial Responsibility and Budget Management
Act (FRBM) for getting more and more loans.
"The states should get the loans hardly three per cent of
its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened