‘Bihar should continue to demand special status’
Patna: The demand for special packages by states was "politically-motivated", Planning Commission Advisor, NC Saxena on Thursday said but insisted that Bihar should continue to press for the special category status.
"Mostly, the demand for special package by the states are
politically-motivated.. Bihar should continue to mount
pressure on obtaining special state category," Saxena said
addressing a function here.
He said the Finance Commission and Planning Commission
should be entrusted with the task of giving packages.
Saxena did not justify the demand of the states for
relaxation in Financial Responsibility and Budget Management
Act (FRBM) for getting more and more loans.
"The states should get the loans hardly three per cent of
its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!