‘Bihar should continue to demand special status’
Patna: The demand for special packages by states was "politically-motivated", Planning Commission Advisor, NC Saxena on Thursday said but insisted that Bihar should continue to press for the special category status.
"Mostly, the demand for special package by the states are
politically-motivated.. Bihar should continue to mount
pressure on obtaining special state category," Saxena said
addressing a function here.
He said the Finance Commission and Planning Commission
should be entrusted with the task of giving packages.
Saxena did not justify the demand of the states for
relaxation in Financial Responsibility and Budget Management
Act (FRBM) for getting more and more loans.
"The states should get the loans hardly three per cent of
its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened