‘Bihar should continue to demand special status’
Patna: The demand for special packages by states was "politically-motivated", Planning Commission Advisor, NC Saxena on Thursday said but insisted that Bihar should continue to press for the special category status.
"Mostly, the demand for special package by the states are
politically-motivated.. Bihar should continue to mount
pressure on obtaining special state category," Saxena said
addressing a function here.
He said the Finance Commission and Planning Commission
should be entrusted with the task of giving packages.
Saxena did not justify the demand of the states for
relaxation in Financial Responsibility and Budget Management
Act (FRBM) for getting more and more loans.
"The states should get the loans hardly three per cent of
its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love