Bihar: Six Maoists killed, 70 landmines destroyed by security forces
Patna: Six Maoists were killed and 70 landmines destroyed in an encounter with security forces in Panchrukhia forests bordering Bihar`s Gaya and Aurangabad districts, a CRPF official claimed Monday.
As many as six ultras have been killed and scores of others injured in heavy firing between the Maoists and forces since Saturday, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
The bodies of the ultras were yet to recovered, he said.
The forces destroyed 70 landmines during search and combing operations, Kumar said.
A CRPF jawan has also been killed and six others injured in encounter with the ultras, the CRPF DIG said.
The security forces made advances into the forces today on the third day of the search and combing operation against the Maoists and heavy exchange of firing took place between them, Kumar said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement