Bihar: Six Maoists killed, 70 landmines destroyed by security forces
Patna: Six Maoists were killed and 70 landmines destroyed in an encounter with security forces in Panchrukhia forests bordering Bihar`s Gaya and Aurangabad districts, a CRPF official claimed Monday.
As many as six ultras have been killed and scores of others injured in heavy firing between the Maoists and forces since Saturday, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
The bodies of the ultras were yet to recovered, he said.
The forces destroyed 70 landmines during search and combing operations, Kumar said.
A CRPF jawan has also been killed and six others injured in encounter with the ultras, the CRPF DIG said.
The security forces made advances into the forces today on the third day of the search and combing operation against the Maoists and heavy exchange of firing took place between them, Kumar said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi