Bihar: Six Maoists killed, 70 landmines destroyed by security forces
Patna: Six Maoists were killed and 70 landmines destroyed in an encounter with security forces in Panchrukhia forests bordering Bihar`s Gaya and Aurangabad districts, a CRPF official claimed Monday.
As many as six ultras have been killed and scores of others injured in heavy firing between the Maoists and forces since Saturday, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
The bodies of the ultras were yet to recovered, he said.
The forces destroyed 70 landmines during search and combing operations, Kumar said.
A CRPF jawan has also been killed and six others injured in encounter with the ultras, the CRPF DIG said.
The security forces made advances into the forces today on the third day of the search and combing operation against the Maoists and heavy exchange of firing took place between them, Kumar said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh