Bihar Special Court Act challenged
Patna: Patna High Court on Friday admitted a
batch of writ petitions challenging the validity of Bihar
Special Court Act, 2009 and Bihar Special Court Rules, 2010
which provides for confiscation of properties of public
servants who accumulate wealth disproportionate to their known
sources of income.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Rekha M
Doshit and Justice Jyoti Sharan admitted the writ applications
and posted the matter for hearing on November 18, 2010.
Former state Director General of Police Narayan Mishra
was among the petitioners who moved the court challenging the
enactment of the state Special Court Act and the rules framed
thereafter giving legal right to the state government to
confiscate the wealth accumulated by public servants which are
disproportionate to their or one`s known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’