Bihar spends Rs 141 crore for VIP security
New Delhi: Bihar government spends Rs 141.95 crore per annum for proving security to 3951 VIPs in the state, the Supreme Court was told on Wednesday.
In data placed before the apex court on the basis of the state government`s affidavit, it was pointed out that out of these persons, the number of people currently facing criminal charges is 70 who include businessmen, MLAs and ex-MLAs.
In Andhra Pradesh, monthly expenditure on providing security to 847 individuals, including public functionaries and private individuals, is Rs 8.9 crore and the total number of personnel involved in this is 4205.
Out of these, 582 personnel have been deployed for providing security to 228 private persons. 28 people, who are facing criminal charges, have been provided security.
Security to 130 officers, who have either retired or are in service, has been provided by the state.
In Karnataka, an expenditure of Rs 56,25,61,200 per annum is incurred in providing security to public functionaries and private individuals and the total number of security personnel deputed are 1586.
There are 41 persons facing investigation/criminal charges (excluding Lokayukta cases) who have been provided security.
In Kerala, 33 individuals have been given security at a cost of Rs 11.56 lakh to the exchequer. The total number of police personnel involved are 55.
In Tamil Nadu, Rs 2,69,75,000 per month is incurred in providing security to public functionaries/private individuals/other dignitaries.
Security has been provided to 164 persons and the total number of security personnel deputed is 1015. There are five persons facing criminal charges who have been provided security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional