Bihar spends Rs 141 crore for VIP security
New Delhi: Bihar government spends Rs 141.95 crore per annum for proving security to 3951 VIPs in the state, the Supreme Court was told on Wednesday.
In data placed before the apex court on the basis of the state government`s affidavit, it was pointed out that out of these persons, the number of people currently facing criminal charges is 70 who include businessmen, MLAs and ex-MLAs.
In Andhra Pradesh, monthly expenditure on providing security to 847 individuals, including public functionaries and private individuals, is Rs 8.9 crore and the total number of personnel involved in this is 4205.
Out of these, 582 personnel have been deployed for providing security to 228 private persons. 28 people, who are facing criminal charges, have been provided security.
Security to 130 officers, who have either retired or are in service, has been provided by the state.
In Karnataka, an expenditure of Rs 56,25,61,200 per annum is incurred in providing security to public functionaries and private individuals and the total number of security personnel deputed are 1586.
There are 41 persons facing investigation/criminal charges (excluding Lokayukta cases) who have been provided security.
In Kerala, 33 individuals have been given security at a cost of Rs 11.56 lakh to the exchequer. The total number of police personnel involved are 55.
In Tamil Nadu, Rs 2,69,75,000 per month is incurred in providing security to public functionaries/private individuals/other dignitaries.
Security has been provided to 164 persons and the total number of security personnel deputed is 1015. There are five persons facing criminal charges who have been provided security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio