Bihar survey to find out landless Mahadalits
Patna: The state government will carry out survey yet again to find out the number of landless and shelterless Mahadalit families in Bihar so that a promised three decimal land could be given to them, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
As per the survey carried out earlier to identity the shelterless Mahadalit families, 60 to 70 per cent of them have been given land, he told reporters.
Another survey will be held to find out those mahadalit families who have not got three decimal land, Kumar said and warned the officials of strict action if any discrepancies were to be detected in survey works.
The Chief Minister said that he was aware of complaints of discrepancies in distribution of three decimal land to the landless Mahadalit families and the issue was raised in the state legislature too.
Kumar conceded that there could be irregularities in the land distribution to the beneficiaries as nobody can claim to put in place an ideal system.
The state government had taken action against errant officials for irregularities in land distribution to the Mahadalit families earlier too, he said, adding that similar action could be taken in future too after review.
The Chief Minister said that he was himself concerned about welfare of the Mahadalits and the land for them formed 27-point agenda during his seva yatra to the districts and added that those shelterless Mahadalit families will be made available land for house.
The state government will ensure filling of land and build approach road under the MNREGA scheme to connect the land of Mahadalit families with main roads so that they could get assistance under the Indira Avas Yojana (IAY), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack