Bihar: Sushil Kumar Modi for reservation of SC/ST in promotion
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said that SC and ST officials should be given reservation in promotion while in government service as it would protect their interests.
Talking to reporters, Modi said the SC/ST officials working in government services should have reservation facilities in promotion during their service period as it would serve to protect their interests.
"The reservation to them in promotion should be given within the purview of the constitution", he said in reply to a question.
Modi said the erstwhile NDA government had brought the 85th consitution amendment bill for the purpose and even the judiciary too has declared valid resevation in promotion within the ambit of constitution.
"I expect that the all-party meeting in New Delhi on August 22 will also support it and the BJP should stick to its stand on the issue", he said.
Modi said if the Costitution amendment bill is passed Bihar will implement it for protecting the interests of SC and ST.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city