Bihar: Three bikers killed in road accident
Purnia: Three motorcyclists were killed after they were run over by a tanker on NH-31 at Harda bridge in Bihar`s Purnia district, police said Monday.
The mishap occurred as a speeding tanker knocked down the three persons riding a motocycle and ran over them last night, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Satish Kumar said.
The victims were identified as Sanjay Kumar (37), Virendra Rai (40) and Dilip Kumar Das (36), all mechanics by profession who were on way to a market, he said, adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The tanker river managed to escape by abandoning the vehicle which has been impounded, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH