Bihar: Three bikers killed in road accident
Purnia: Three motorcyclists were killed after they were run over by a tanker on NH-31 at Harda bridge in Bihar`s Purnia district, police said Monday.
The mishap occurred as a speeding tanker knocked down the three persons riding a motocycle and ran over them last night, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Satish Kumar said.
The victims were identified as Sanjay Kumar (37), Virendra Rai (40) and Dilip Kumar Das (36), all mechanics by profession who were on way to a market, he said, adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The tanker river managed to escape by abandoning the vehicle which has been impounded, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter