Bihar: Three bikers killed in road accident
Purnia: Three motorcyclists were killed after they were run over by a tanker on NH-31 at Harda bridge in Bihar`s Purnia district, police said Monday.
The mishap occurred as a speeding tanker knocked down the three persons riding a motocycle and ran over them last night, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Satish Kumar said.
The victims were identified as Sanjay Kumar (37), Virendra Rai (40) and Dilip Kumar Das (36), all mechanics by profession who were on way to a market, he said, adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The tanker river managed to escape by abandoning the vehicle which has been impounded, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'