Bihar: Three killed, 15 missing as boat capsizes
Darbhanga: A woman and her two children
died and 15 others went missing when a boat capsized in
river Kareh in Bihar`s Darbhanga district on Tuesday, police
The boat, with 30 persons on board, was caught in a
whirlpool and sank near Bayam Village as they were returning
to the village from the other side.
While 12 persons swam ashore to safety, bodies of
three were recovered.
Fifteen others were still missing and local divers
engaged to carry out search for the bodies, sources said.
Barely two days back in Buxar altogether 38 people
died in a boat tragedy in Ganga.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed