`Bihar to be among top five states in literacy in 2021`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Thursday said he would ensure that Bihar figured in the list of top five states in the field of literacy in 2021.
"I am satisfied with the progress in the literacy rate
of the state. But I`ll take effective steps to ensure that the
state figures in the list of five top states in the field of
literacy in 2011," Kumar told a function on the occasion of
the Ambedkar Jayanti here.
Referring to the Mahdalit Commission set up by his
government in 20O7 for the uplift of the extremely backwards
among the dalits, Kumar said he was happy to note that the
Centre had given due recognition to the Commission.
Stating that uplift of poor is the main parameter of
development, Kumar said his government would constitute a
Human Development Mission.
"We shall further strengthen the Mahadalit Upliftment
Centres and Talimi Markaj Centres for imparting skills for
unemployed minority youths," he said.
The state government would give money to the dalits to
purchase radios and urged private firms to organise fairs for
ensuring sale of radios at an appropriate price.
He said the state government had also laid thrust on
prohibition and would observe `Prohibition Day` on November 26
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress