Bihar to bring social security plan for traders: Nitish
Patna: The Bihar government is going to implement a social security plan for traders as part of which those paying regular taxes would be given a Rs 2 lakh assistance in the event of death in accident, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Tuesday.
Kumar underlined importance of trading community in development of a society and said he has always taken up demands of the trading community seriously.
In a bid to motivate traders, he said the state government would reward traders paying regular tax and who registers 20-25 per cent growth in its business. The reward will be named as "Bhama Shah samman puruskar".
Kumar, addressing a function of the trading community here, said improvement in law and order situation was helping to flourish trade and commerce in the state.
The migration of traders from the state which was rampant previously has come to halt now, he said and attributed it to creation of a crime-free environment in the state by his government.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said that tax growth in Bihar was maximum. Modi, who is also state`s Finance minister, said that the state government was providing a congenial environment to traders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India