Bihar to bring social security plan for traders: Nitish
Patna: The Bihar government is going to implement a social security plan for traders as part of which those paying regular taxes would be given a Rs 2 lakh assistance in the event of death in accident, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Tuesday.
Kumar underlined importance of trading community in development of a society and said he has always taken up demands of the trading community seriously.
In a bid to motivate traders, he said the state government would reward traders paying regular tax and who registers 20-25 per cent growth in its business. The reward will be named as "Bhama Shah samman puruskar".
Kumar, addressing a function of the trading community here, said improvement in law and order situation was helping to flourish trade and commerce in the state.
The migration of traders from the state which was rampant previously has come to halt now, he said and attributed it to creation of a crime-free environment in the state by his government.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said that tax growth in Bihar was maximum. Modi, who is also state`s Finance minister, said that the state government was providing a congenial environment to traders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi