Bihar to bring social security plan for traders: Nitish
Patna: The Bihar government is going to implement a social security plan for traders as part of which those paying regular taxes would be given a Rs 2 lakh assistance in the event of death in accident, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Tuesday.
Kumar underlined importance of trading community in development of a society and said he has always taken up demands of the trading community seriously.
In a bid to motivate traders, he said the state government would reward traders paying regular tax and who registers 20-25 per cent growth in its business. The reward will be named as "Bhama Shah samman puruskar".
Kumar, addressing a function of the trading community here, said improvement in law and order situation was helping to flourish trade and commerce in the state.
The migration of traders from the state which was rampant previously has come to halt now, he said and attributed it to creation of a crime-free environment in the state by his government.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said that tax growth in Bihar was maximum. Modi, who is also state`s Finance minister, said that the state government was providing a congenial environment to traders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi