Bihar to bring social security plan for traders: Nitish
Patna: The Bihar government is going to implement a social security plan for traders as part of which those paying regular taxes would be given a Rs 2 lakh assistance in the event of death in accident, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Tuesday.
Kumar underlined importance of trading community in development of a society and said he has always taken up demands of the trading community seriously.
In a bid to motivate traders, he said the state government would reward traders paying regular tax and who registers 20-25 per cent growth in its business. The reward will be named as "Bhama Shah samman puruskar".
Kumar, addressing a function of the trading community here, said improvement in law and order situation was helping to flourish trade and commerce in the state.
The migration of traders from the state which was rampant previously has come to halt now, he said and attributed it to creation of a crime-free environment in the state by his government.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said that tax growth in Bihar was maximum. Modi, who is also state`s Finance minister, said that the state government was providing a congenial environment to traders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them