Bihar to bring social security plan for traders: Nitish
Patna: The Bihar government is going to implement a social security plan for traders as part of which those paying regular taxes would be given a Rs 2 lakh assistance in the event of death in accident, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Tuesday.
Kumar underlined importance of trading community in development of a society and said he has always taken up demands of the trading community seriously.
In a bid to motivate traders, he said the state government would reward traders paying regular tax and who registers 20-25 per cent growth in its business. The reward will be named as "Bhama Shah samman puruskar".
Kumar, addressing a function of the trading community here, said improvement in law and order situation was helping to flourish trade and commerce in the state.
The migration of traders from the state which was rampant previously has come to halt now, he said and attributed it to creation of a crime-free environment in the state by his government.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said that tax growth in Bihar was maximum. Modi, who is also state`s Finance minister, said that the state government was providing a congenial environment to traders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users