Bihar to confiscate property of criminals
Patna: The Bihar government has initiated the process to confiscate the properties of criminals, police said Sunday.
A police officer said that property of Ritlal Yadav, a notious gangster currently lodged in jail, would soon be confiscated.
"Police have begun work to help the concerned department confiscate the property of Yadav," a police officer said.
Acccording to officers at the police headquarters here, the first on the list of criminals whose property would be confiscated was Ritlal Yadav.
Last week, Bihar police chief Abhyanand had said that the property of notorious criminals would be seized, in a bid to hit criminals hard and deter crime.
"The process for the confiscations began with the preparation of a list of the state`s notorious criminals," Abhayanand said, adding that many criminals had a rags-to-riches story.
This is the first time a move to confiscate the properties of criminals has been undertaken in the state. Until now, the state government only confiscated ill-gotten properties of officials and middlemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras
- Uproar in Rajya Sabha over attack on women in Madhya Pradesh for carrying beef
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Quran sacrilege: Delhi AAP lawmaker Naresh Yadav sent to judicial custody till Aug 1
- Hillary Clinton nominated for president, husband Bill says she will ''never quit''