Bihar to confiscate property of criminals
Patna: The Bihar government has initiated the process to confiscate the properties of criminals, police said Sunday.
A police officer said that property of Ritlal Yadav, a notious gangster currently lodged in jail, would soon be confiscated.
"Police have begun work to help the concerned department confiscate the property of Yadav," a police officer said.
Acccording to officers at the police headquarters here, the first on the list of criminals whose property would be confiscated was Ritlal Yadav.
Last week, Bihar police chief Abhyanand had said that the property of notorious criminals would be seized, in a bid to hit criminals hard and deter crime.
"The process for the confiscations began with the preparation of a list of the state`s notorious criminals," Abhayanand said, adding that many criminals had a rags-to-riches story.
This is the first time a move to confiscate the properties of criminals has been undertaken in the state. Until now, the state government only confiscated ill-gotten properties of officials and middlemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi