Bihar to dismiss 70 corrupt officers
Patna: The Bihar government has decided to dismiss 70 corrupt officers, and more will be sacked in the coming weeks, an official said on Friday.
Chief Secretary AK Sinha has given the go ahead for the dismissal of the 70, an official in the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Official sources told a news agency that most officers facing the sack were caught red handed while accepting bribes.
The process to dismiss them was initiated after departmental proceedings proved the charges against the officials.
Nearly 10 days ago, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar demanded that inquiries against corrupt officers should be expedited and they should be dismissed from service within two months if found guilty.
In the last two days, the Economic Offences Unit of Bihar Police raided two corrupt officers in Patna and detected assets worth crores of rupees with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state