Bihar to dismiss 70 corrupt officers
Patna: The Bihar government has decided to dismiss 70 corrupt officers, and more will be sacked in the coming weeks, an official said on Friday.
Chief Secretary AK Sinha has given the go ahead for the dismissal of the 70, an official in the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Official sources told a news agency that most officers facing the sack were caught red handed while accepting bribes.
The process to dismiss them was initiated after departmental proceedings proved the charges against the officials.
Nearly 10 days ago, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar demanded that inquiries against corrupt officers should be expedited and they should be dismissed from service within two months if found guilty.
In the last two days, the Economic Offences Unit of Bihar Police raided two corrupt officers in Patna and detected assets worth crores of rupees with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred