Bihar to dismiss 70 corrupt officers
Patna: The Bihar government has decided to dismiss 70 corrupt officers, and more will be sacked in the coming weeks, an official said on Friday.
Chief Secretary AK Sinha has given the go ahead for the dismissal of the 70, an official in the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Official sources told a news agency that most officers facing the sack were caught red handed while accepting bribes.
The process to dismiss them was initiated after departmental proceedings proved the charges against the officials.
Nearly 10 days ago, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar demanded that inquiries against corrupt officers should be expedited and they should be dismissed from service within two months if found guilty.
In the last two days, the Economic Offences Unit of Bihar Police raided two corrupt officers in Patna and detected assets worth crores of rupees with them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents