Bihar to dismiss 70 corrupt officers
Patna: The Bihar government has decided to dismiss 70 corrupt officers, and more will be sacked in the coming weeks, an official said on Friday.
Chief Secretary AK Sinha has given the go ahead for the dismissal of the 70, an official in the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Official sources told a news agency that most officers facing the sack were caught red handed while accepting bribes.
The process to dismiss them was initiated after departmental proceedings proved the charges against the officials.
Nearly 10 days ago, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar demanded that inquiries against corrupt officers should be expedited and they should be dismissed from service within two months if found guilty.
In the last two days, the Economic Offences Unit of Bihar Police raided two corrupt officers in Patna and detected assets worth crores of rupees with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing