Bihar to outpace its own growth rate: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Sunday said the state would attain higher growth rate this
fiscal than last year`s 14.5 per cent which was highest in the
The 14.5 per cent growth rate attained by Bihar in
2010-11 on the price base of the year 2004-05 was the highest
among the states according to the Central Economic and
Statistics Directorate, Kumar said.
"The state will attain even higher growth rate in the
present fiscal as agricultural output is likely to increase
due to good monsoon," he said.
Kumar was speaking at a function here where he
released the Patna journal of medicine dedicated by the Indian
Medical Association (IMA) to the late gynecologist S N
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'