Bihar to post dog squads in districts soon for solving crime
Patna: The Bihar government is planning to deploy a special dog squad in each district to speed up scientific investigation of crime.
A proposal to post a dog squad was taken up by the Home Department in February and the matter would soon be sent to the state Cabinet for approval, Minister In-charge of Home Vijay Chaudhary said in reply to a question in the Legislative Assembly.
Along with four trained good quality dogs, the personnel manning them would also be trained, the minister said.
When BJP`s Sanjay Sarawagi asked for the time frame within which it would be implemented, the minister said since the matter would be decided in the Cabinet meeting, drawing any deadline was not possible.
The state government has been giving priority to scientific probe of crimes for better and early solution.
The Bihar Police recently organised a national police science congress here in which policemen from across the country shared views on greater use of technology for solving incidents of crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?