Bihar to put pressure on banks for giving farm loan: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil
Kumar Modi, who holds the additional charge of Finance, on Tuesday
said the state government would exert pressure on the banks
for according priority for sanctioning and disbursing loans to
farmers and entrepreneurs in the state.
"We have decided to exert pressure on banks for giving
priority for more and more distribution of loans among farmers
and entrepreneurs in the state," Modi told reporters on the
sidelines of his Janata Darbar programme.
He said the state government had already made available
to the banks a sum of Rs 30 crore for giving concession of one
per cent interest to the farmers who clear the agriculture
loans on time.
He said on the agriculture loans, Centre was giving
concession of three per cent in addition to the concession of
one per cent being provided by the state.
"But it is unfortunate that the farmers are not not fully
aware of it and are not not taking full advantage of the
scheme," Modi said.
He said the state government had asked all the banks to
publicise in bold letters on the sign boards of their branches
about the facilities and concessions for farmers availing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state