Bihar to recruit 43,761 additional policemen in next 5 years
Patna: The Bihar government on Tuesday decided to recruit 43,761 police personnel in next five years to improve police-public ratio in the state.
A decision to this effect was taken at the meeting of state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Reports suggest that public-police ratio in Bihar stands at 69 policemen against an average of one lakh. The national average rests at 143 policemen against similar populace.
With the shortage of policemen recognised as a major problem in betterment of law and order situation, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar recently asked the police administration to prepare a recruitment plan and place it to the government for consideration.
In other important decisions, the Bihar cabinet decided to give an additional Rs 2000 to mahadalits (poorest among poor section) under the `Shatabdi Indira Awaas yojna`.
The meeting also made a provision to fix an amount of Rs 500 for setting up of gram kachahri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof