Bihar to save hills from stone chips mafia: CM
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday said his government was irrevocably committed to
protect the hills and illegal mining would not be tolerated.
Replying to a special debate on illegal mining in
Rohtas district in the state assembly, Kumar said the
government would also not issue fresh licence for mining
"We have also decided not to renew old licences",
the CM said.
Kumar said it was matter of serious concern that
the stone chips mafia had started damaging the hills and so
the state government had decided not to allow using of hills
"The debate in the assembly has given a clear cut
message that no person involved in illegal mining will
enjoy patronage of any political party", he said.
The Chief Minister said, "Hills are the treasure of
the state and illegal mining in the caves of the hills in
Rajgir and Brabar had adverse impact".
Kumar said the hills in Rajgir are 18 crore
The CM said the state government had
constituted an inter-departmental committee led by development
commissioner to review the laws related to mining.
The committee would frame laws in accordance
with the guidelines laid down by the Supreme Court, Indian
Mine Bureau (IMB) and central forest and environment ministry.
The inter-departmental committee also have state
mine and geology department principal secretary, forest and
environment secretary, principal forest conservator, water
resources besides director general of mines, tourism
secretary and a GSI official as its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical