Bihar to save hills from stone chips mafia: CM
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday said his government was irrevocably committed to
protect the hills and illegal mining would not be tolerated.
Replying to a special debate on illegal mining in
Rohtas district in the state assembly, Kumar said the
government would also not issue fresh licence for mining
"We have also decided not to renew old licences",
the CM said.
Kumar said it was matter of serious concern that
the stone chips mafia had started damaging the hills and so
the state government had decided not to allow using of hills
"The debate in the assembly has given a clear cut
message that no person involved in illegal mining will
enjoy patronage of any political party", he said.
The Chief Minister said, "Hills are the treasure of
the state and illegal mining in the caves of the hills in
Rajgir and Brabar had adverse impact".
Kumar said the hills in Rajgir are 18 crore
The CM said the state government had
constituted an inter-departmental committee led by development
commissioner to review the laws related to mining.
The committee would frame laws in accordance
with the guidelines laid down by the Supreme Court, Indian
Mine Bureau (IMB) and central forest and environment ministry.
The inter-departmental committee also have state
mine and geology department principal secretary, forest and
environment secretary, principal forest conservator, water
resources besides director general of mines, tourism
secretary and a GSI official as its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof