Bihar to set up one SC/ST police stations
Patna: Bihar government will set up one
SC/ST police station in each of the district headquarters
across the state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said.
Kumar, who was addressing a high level meeting on SC/ST
atrocity prevention here, said such police stations would be
set up soon and if any had been set up away from the district
headquarters would be shifted.
In cases relating to prevention of atrocities on
SC/STs, he said government lawyers would be nominated to
present the government side in subordinate judiciary and the
He said district magistrates should take initiative for
payment of monthly pensions to victims of murder, carnage,
rape and gang rape. Authorities should also ensure payment of
daily allowance to witnesses to present themselves in courts
in such cases.
He also directed the district magistrates to ensure
regular meeting of district level vigilance and monitoring
committee for reviewing cases registered under the act.
Kumar directed IG(Weaker Section) to ensure arrest of
persons involved in rape at all costs and laid stress on
ensuring speedy trial of cases under Prevention of SC/ST
State SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, Chief
Secretary Navin Kumar, Home Secretary Amir Subhani and
Director General of Police Abhyanand were among those present
at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey