Bihar to set up one SC/ST police stations
Patna: Bihar government will set up one
SC/ST police station in each of the district headquarters
across the state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said.
Kumar, who was addressing a high level meeting on SC/ST
atrocity prevention here, said such police stations would be
set up soon and if any had been set up away from the district
headquarters would be shifted.
In cases relating to prevention of atrocities on
SC/STs, he said government lawyers would be nominated to
present the government side in subordinate judiciary and the
He said district magistrates should take initiative for
payment of monthly pensions to victims of murder, carnage,
rape and gang rape. Authorities should also ensure payment of
daily allowance to witnesses to present themselves in courts
in such cases.
He also directed the district magistrates to ensure
regular meeting of district level vigilance and monitoring
committee for reviewing cases registered under the act.
Kumar directed IG(Weaker Section) to ensure arrest of
persons involved in rape at all costs and laid stress on
ensuring speedy trial of cases under Prevention of SC/ST
State SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, Chief
Secretary Navin Kumar, Home Secretary Amir Subhani and
Director General of Police Abhyanand were among those present
at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what