Bihar to set up one SC/ST police stations
Patna: Bihar government will set up one
SC/ST police station in each of the district headquarters
across the state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said.
Kumar, who was addressing a high level meeting on SC/ST
atrocity prevention here, said such police stations would be
set up soon and if any had been set up away from the district
headquarters would be shifted.
In cases relating to prevention of atrocities on
SC/STs, he said government lawyers would be nominated to
present the government side in subordinate judiciary and the
He said district magistrates should take initiative for
payment of monthly pensions to victims of murder, carnage,
rape and gang rape. Authorities should also ensure payment of
daily allowance to witnesses to present themselves in courts
in such cases.
He also directed the district magistrates to ensure
regular meeting of district level vigilance and monitoring
committee for reviewing cases registered under the act.
Kumar directed IG(Weaker Section) to ensure arrest of
persons involved in rape at all costs and laid stress on
ensuring speedy trial of cases under Prevention of SC/ST
State SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, Chief
Secretary Navin Kumar, Home Secretary Amir Subhani and
Director General of Police Abhyanand were among those present
at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio