Bihar to set up sewerage plants to protect Ganges
Patna: The Bihar government will set up
sewerage plants on the bank of river Ganges for conservation
of the river and making it pollution-free in the state,
officials said on Saturday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar held a meeting with the
authorities of the urban development department and the Bihar
State Ganga River Protection Authority officials and issued
instructions to this effect.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, state urban
development department`s principal secretary Shashi Shekhar
Sharma said the meeting reviewed the progress of the schemes
being executed under the National Ganga River Basin Authority
for protection of the river.
Sharma said the meeting decided that all the towns on the
river bank from Buxar to Bhagalpur should have sewerage
Of the towns on the bank of river Ganges, the state
government had sanctioned proposed sewerage projects for towns
like Buxar, Hajipur, Munger and Begusarai towns and a decision
was taken to prepared the detailed project reports (DPRs) for
a similar system in the remaining 21 towns on the river bank
in Bihar, he said.
The chief minister directed the authorities to accelerate
the pace of works for developing and beautifying the river
bank in the state capital in Patna with thrust on ensuring
standard quality of works, he said.
It was decided to achieve the target of starting the
water supply projects in Patna from May, Sharma said.
Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, urban development
minister Prem Kumar, water resource minister Vijay Kumar
Choudhary, chief secretary Anup Mukherjee and others also
attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium