Bihar to showcase Bhagalpuri silk at R-day parade
Patna: Bihar`s renowned Bhagalpuri silk will
get pride of place at the state`s tableau for the Republic day
parade in New Delhi on January 26, officials said today.
The Defence ministry`s expert committee approved the
tableau portraying Bhagalpuri silk from Bihar along with
tableaux from 12 other states, they said.
The Bihar tableau will depict the whole gamut of silk
production right from the larva stage of the silk worm to
boiling and treating of the cocoon, drying, spinning of the
yarn and weaving it into thread by women, weaving of the cloth
on loom by men and dyeing.
"This, incidentally, is the third consecutive year that
Bihar has found favour with the Defence ministry for its R-Day
tableau. Between 2001 and 2007, Bihar did not qualify to
display its tableau at the national carnival," state
Information and Public Relations department secretary Rajesh
The department has conceptualised the whole exercise.
"This year, we decided to showcase on the national canvas
Bhagalpur silk, which is synonymous with Bihar. We hope it
will also provide an impetus to the trade," Bhushan said.
The IPRD has hired the services of New Delhi-based Apex
Art in New Delhi to fabricate the tableau. It is being readied
at a cost of Rs 11.92 lakh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical