Bihar to showcase Bhagalpuri silk at R-day parade
Patna: Bihar`s renowned Bhagalpuri silk will
get pride of place at the state`s tableau for the Republic day
parade in New Delhi on January 26, officials said today.
The Defence ministry`s expert committee approved the
tableau portraying Bhagalpuri silk from Bihar along with
tableaux from 12 other states, they said.
The Bihar tableau will depict the whole gamut of silk
production right from the larva stage of the silk worm to
boiling and treating of the cocoon, drying, spinning of the
yarn and weaving it into thread by women, weaving of the cloth
on loom by men and dyeing.
"This, incidentally, is the third consecutive year that
Bihar has found favour with the Defence ministry for its R-Day
tableau. Between 2001 and 2007, Bihar did not qualify to
display its tableau at the national carnival," state
Information and Public Relations department secretary Rajesh
The department has conceptualised the whole exercise.
"This year, we decided to showcase on the national canvas
Bhagalpur silk, which is synonymous with Bihar. We hope it
will also provide an impetus to the trade," Bhushan said.
The IPRD has hired the services of New Delhi-based Apex
Art in New Delhi to fabricate the tableau. It is being readied
at a cost of Rs 11.92 lakh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'