Bihar: Toll in boat capsize incident mounts to seventeen
Ara (Bhojpur): Ten bodies were fished outon Tuesday from Sone river taking the toll in the boat capsize incident in Bihar`s Bhojpur district to 17, an official said.
The National Disaster Rescue Force (NDRF) and local divers fished out ten bodies from the river near Dhauri Bhuia ghat, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Dharmesh Kumar Singh said.
Five other persons were missing, he said, adding the rescue and search operation in the river was still going on.
Efforts were on to ascertain the identity of the victims, Singh said.
The mishap occurred yesterday when an overcrowded boat carrying about 35 to 40 people from Dhauri village in Bhojpur district to Masarwa village in neighbouring Arwal district capsized mid-stream, Superintendent of Police (SP) M R Naik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Feel sorry for using pellet guns against Kashmiri youth but have no other option: CRPF chief
- Hearing test may identify infants with autism risk
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love