Bihar: Toll in boat capsize incident mounts to seventeen
Ara (Bhojpur): Ten bodies were fished outon Tuesday from Sone river taking the toll in the boat capsize incident in Bihar`s Bhojpur district to 17, an official said.
The National Disaster Rescue Force (NDRF) and local divers fished out ten bodies from the river near Dhauri Bhuia ghat, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Dharmesh Kumar Singh said.
Five other persons were missing, he said, adding the rescue and search operation in the river was still going on.
Efforts were on to ascertain the identity of the victims, Singh said.
The mishap occurred yesterday when an overcrowded boat carrying about 35 to 40 people from Dhauri village in Bhojpur district to Masarwa village in neighbouring Arwal district capsized mid-stream, Superintendent of Police (SP) M R Naik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport