Bihar: Toll in boat capsize incident mounts to seventeen
Ara (Bhojpur): Ten bodies were fished outon Tuesday from Sone river taking the toll in the boat capsize incident in Bihar`s Bhojpur district to 17, an official said.
The National Disaster Rescue Force (NDRF) and local divers fished out ten bodies from the river near Dhauri Bhuia ghat, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Dharmesh Kumar Singh said.
Five other persons were missing, he said, adding the rescue and search operation in the river was still going on.
Efforts were on to ascertain the identity of the victims, Singh said.
The mishap occurred yesterday when an overcrowded boat carrying about 35 to 40 people from Dhauri village in Bhojpur district to Masarwa village in neighbouring Arwal district capsized mid-stream, Superintendent of Police (SP) M R Naik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray