Bihar: Toll in boat capsize incident mounts to seventeen
Ara (Bhojpur): Ten bodies were fished outon Tuesday from Sone river taking the toll in the boat capsize incident in Bihar`s Bhojpur district to 17, an official said.
The National Disaster Rescue Force (NDRF) and local divers fished out ten bodies from the river near Dhauri Bhuia ghat, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Dharmesh Kumar Singh said.
Five other persons were missing, he said, adding the rescue and search operation in the river was still going on.
Efforts were on to ascertain the identity of the victims, Singh said.
The mishap occurred yesterday when an overcrowded boat carrying about 35 to 40 people from Dhauri village in Bhojpur district to Masarwa village in neighbouring Arwal district capsized mid-stream, Superintendent of Police (SP) M R Naik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future