Bihar: Top Maoist leaders in 14 days` judicial custody
Katihar: A local court on Sunday sent seven
Maoists including three top CPI(Maoist) leaders to 14 days`
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) RN Tripathi remanded
CPI (Maoist) leaders Varanasi Subarmanyam, Vijay Kumar Arya
and Pulendu Shekhar Mukherjee and four other activists
Abhimanyu, Nokhelal Choudhary, Shyamji Rishi and Anirudh
Ravidas, in judicial custody for two weeks after they were
produced before the court.
The ultras have been charged under the Unlawful
Activities Prevention Act, section 17 of Criminal Law
Amendment Act and section 121 and 212 of the IPC in cases
registered against them at Barsoi police station in Katihar
district, the sources said.
The seven naxalites were taken to the high security
divisional prison at Katihar.
The ultras were arrested from Sheet village in
Katihar district yesterday.
Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani announced a
reward of Rs 2 lakh for security men who were part of the
operation, the biggest ever in recent times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!