Bihar: Top Maoist leaders in 14 days` judicial custody
Katihar: A local court on Sunday sent seven
Maoists including three top CPI(Maoist) leaders to 14 days`
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) RN Tripathi remanded
CPI (Maoist) leaders Varanasi Subarmanyam, Vijay Kumar Arya
and Pulendu Shekhar Mukherjee and four other activists
Abhimanyu, Nokhelal Choudhary, Shyamji Rishi and Anirudh
Ravidas, in judicial custody for two weeks after they were
produced before the court.
The ultras have been charged under the Unlawful
Activities Prevention Act, section 17 of Criminal Law
Amendment Act and section 121 and 212 of the IPC in cases
registered against them at Barsoi police station in Katihar
district, the sources said.
The seven naxalites were taken to the high security
divisional prison at Katihar.
The ultras were arrested from Sheet village in
Katihar district yesterday.
Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani announced a
reward of Rs 2 lakh for security men who were part of the
operation, the biggest ever in recent times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli