Bihar: Top Maoist leaders in 14 days` judicial custody
Katihar: A local court on Sunday sent seven
Maoists including three top CPI(Maoist) leaders to 14 days`
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) RN Tripathi remanded
CPI (Maoist) leaders Varanasi Subarmanyam, Vijay Kumar Arya
and Pulendu Shekhar Mukherjee and four other activists
Abhimanyu, Nokhelal Choudhary, Shyamji Rishi and Anirudh
Ravidas, in judicial custody for two weeks after they were
produced before the court.
The ultras have been charged under the Unlawful
Activities Prevention Act, section 17 of Criminal Law
Amendment Act and section 121 and 212 of the IPC in cases
registered against them at Barsoi police station in Katihar
district, the sources said.
The seven naxalites were taken to the high security
divisional prison at Katihar.
The ultras were arrested from Sheet village in
Katihar district yesterday.
Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani announced a
reward of Rs 2 lakh for security men who were part of the
operation, the biggest ever in recent times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10
- Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as `absurd`