Bihar train attack: Railways to give job to a family member of killed RPF jawan
New Delhi: Railway Minister CP Joshi on Thursday promised to give a job to a family member of the killed RPSF jawan in Maoist attack on a train in Bihar and announced cash compensation for the victims.
One RPSF jawan and two passengers were killed in the attack on Dhanbad-Patna Inter City Express in Bihar, Joshi said here.
Joshi said an ex-gratia amount of Rs 5 lakh will be given to the next kin of those who were killed and Rs one lakh for the seriously injured passenger in the attack.
"We will also provide a job for the family of the killed RPSF jawan", he said.
Railways have also announced Rs 25,000 for those who have sustained minor injury in the incident.
Joshi said all possible help, including medical facilities, were immediately made available to the passengers including the injured persons.
About the steps taken to prevent such incidents, Joshi said "steps are being taken in coordination with state governments and Home Ministry to ensure safe and normal train operation".
Around 150 Maoists forcibly stopped the train near Kunder Halt between Jamui and Mananpur railway stations, about 170 km from Patna, and fired indiscriminately for about half-an-hour on the train and its passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez