Bihar triple murder accused flees to Canada
Patna: The prime accused in the triple murder case here has fled to Canada even as his father on Tuesday said he should be given death penalty for killing stepmother and two step sisters last week.
"As per information the accused Davesh Kumar has fled to Canada from Delhi," City Superintendent of Police Jaykant told PTI.
He said the state police was in touch with External Affairs ministry for his return.
Davesh Kumar alias Rintu, the eldest son of a retired government employee Gopal Sharan Singh, is the prime accused in brutal murder of a woman and her two daughters, whose bodies were recovered from Indrapuri under Pataliputra police station area on Saturday last.
Police said the crime was committed for property.
The deceased woman was second wife of Singh and the two girls her daughters.
Davesh`s father has told police that he clobbered the three to death with a hammer and fled to Delhi on Friday.
The father said he was not at home at the time of crime and came to know of it from his son in train. He returned to Patna from Delhi to cooperate with the police but the accused son fled after reaching the national capital.
Singh, who was taken by the police to the scene of crime today, told reporters, emerging from the house in Indrapuri, that Davesh should be hanged for the barbaric act.
Singh has two sons from first wife and as many daughters from second wife who were allegedly murdered by Davesh. One of the deceased girl was in standard VI while the elder one was in college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!