Bihar triple murder accused flees to Canada
Patna: The prime accused in the triple murder case here has fled to Canada even as his father on Tuesday said he should be given death penalty for killing stepmother and two step sisters last week.
"As per information the accused Davesh Kumar has fled to Canada from Delhi," City Superintendent of Police Jaykant told PTI.
He said the state police was in touch with External Affairs ministry for his return.
Davesh Kumar alias Rintu, the eldest son of a retired government employee Gopal Sharan Singh, is the prime accused in brutal murder of a woman and her two daughters, whose bodies were recovered from Indrapuri under Pataliputra police station area on Saturday last.
Police said the crime was committed for property.
The deceased woman was second wife of Singh and the two girls her daughters.
Davesh`s father has told police that he clobbered the three to death with a hammer and fled to Delhi on Friday.
The father said he was not at home at the time of crime and came to know of it from his son in train. He returned to Patna from Delhi to cooperate with the police but the accused son fled after reaching the national capital.
Singh, who was taken by the police to the scene of crime today, told reporters, emerging from the house in Indrapuri, that Davesh should be hanged for the barbaric act.
Singh has two sons from first wife and as many daughters from second wife who were allegedly murdered by Davesh. One of the deceased girl was in standard VI while the elder one was in college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert