Bihar triple murder accused flees to Canada
Patna: The prime accused in the triple murder case here has fled to Canada even as his father on Tuesday said he should be given death penalty for killing stepmother and two step sisters last week.
"As per information the accused Davesh Kumar has fled to Canada from Delhi," City Superintendent of Police Jaykant told PTI.
He said the state police was in touch with External Affairs ministry for his return.
Davesh Kumar alias Rintu, the eldest son of a retired government employee Gopal Sharan Singh, is the prime accused in brutal murder of a woman and her two daughters, whose bodies were recovered from Indrapuri under Pataliputra police station area on Saturday last.
Police said the crime was committed for property.
The deceased woman was second wife of Singh and the two girls her daughters.
Davesh`s father has told police that he clobbered the three to death with a hammer and fled to Delhi on Friday.
The father said he was not at home at the time of crime and came to know of it from his son in train. He returned to Patna from Delhi to cooperate with the police but the accused son fled after reaching the national capital.
Singh, who was taken by the police to the scene of crime today, told reporters, emerging from the house in Indrapuri, that Davesh should be hanged for the barbaric act.
Singh has two sons from first wife and as many daughters from second wife who were allegedly murdered by Davesh. One of the deceased girl was in standard VI while the elder one was in college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP