Bihar: Two hardcore Maoists arrested
Gaya: The Special Task Force and local police in a joint operation on Monday arrested two hardcore CPI (Maoist) ultras from Mahmat village in Bihar`s Gaya district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of STF and local police raided the village and nabbed the hardcore ultras, identified as Shrawan Kumar alias Kapil alias Sudhirji and Ramesh Paswan alias Jogendraji, and seized a country-made rifle from them, Superintendent of Police (SP), City, Anwar Akhtar said.
Kumar was self-styled sub-zonal commander of central Bihar, while Paswan was the Maoist commander of Ismailpur region in the district, he said.
The duo were wanted in several incidents of Naxal activities, Akhtar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!