Bihar: Two hardcore Maoists arrested
Gaya: The Special Task Force and local police in a joint operation on Monday arrested two hardcore CPI (Maoist) ultras from Mahmat village in Bihar`s Gaya district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of STF and local police raided the village and nabbed the hardcore ultras, identified as Shrawan Kumar alias Kapil alias Sudhirji and Ramesh Paswan alias Jogendraji, and seized a country-made rifle from them, Superintendent of Police (SP), City, Anwar Akhtar said.
Kumar was self-styled sub-zonal commander of central Bihar, while Paswan was the Maoist commander of Ismailpur region in the district, he said.
The duo were wanted in several incidents of Naxal activities, Akhtar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof