Bihar: Two hardcore Maoists arrested
Gaya: The Special Task Force and local police in a joint operation on Monday arrested two hardcore CPI (Maoist) ultras from Mahmat village in Bihar`s Gaya district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of STF and local police raided the village and nabbed the hardcore ultras, identified as Shrawan Kumar alias Kapil alias Sudhirji and Ramesh Paswan alias Jogendraji, and seized a country-made rifle from them, Superintendent of Police (SP), City, Anwar Akhtar said.
Kumar was self-styled sub-zonal commander of central Bihar, while Paswan was the Maoist commander of Ismailpur region in the district, he said.
The duo were wanted in several incidents of Naxal activities, Akhtar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert