Bihar unable to implement Food Security Bill
Patna: Bihar government is not in a
position to implement the proposed Food Security Bill in its
present form, Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi said on Tuesday.
"We are opposed to certain provisions mentioned in the
present draft for the bill ... The state doesn`t have adequate
resources to implement the provisions," Modi told reporters.
Bihar did not object to the implementation of the Food
Security scheme, but due to some of its provisions it would
have to incur heavy expenses in its execution.
"The execution of the food security scheme would create
a financial crisis if implemented in toto. Heavy fund is
required for implementing the scheme in a state like Bihar,"
However, food security was an ambitious scheme and the
Centre should make available the resources required for its
"There are apprehensions that problems that cropped up
during the implementation of the Right to Education Act and
Sarva Sikasha Abhiyan, would recur in implementing the
proposed Food Security bill ... The state government is asked
to bear the expenses on a legislation enacted by the Centre,"
Bihar had lodged protests with the Centre against
several provisions of the bill and if it is presented in
Parliament it would be opposed by the NDA MPs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling