Bihar: Veteran CPI leader dead
Patna: Veteran CPI leader and freedom
fighter Jagannath Sarkar on Friday died at his bank road residence
here after protracted illness, party sources said.
He was 92.
Sarkar is survived by wife Neelima, two sons and a
He was a member of the state Legislative Council
between 1966 and 1972.
Sarkar was state CPI Secretary between 1941-21,
1953-56 and 1967-78.
He was also a member of the central secretariat of the
party since 1978.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video