Bihar village in gloom as Anna supporter dies
Patna: A pall of gloom descended on Bihar`s Sarfuddinpur village Monday after news of the death of its resident Dinesh Yadav, who set himself ablaze last week in New Delhi in support of Anna Hazare`s campaign.
Hundreds of people flocked to Yadav`s village to mourn his death.
Yadav`s wife Malmatiya Devi and his mother, Maya Devi, have been sobbing inside their mud and thatch house ever since news of the death.
A close relative of Yadav said that he was the sole bread winner and Malmatiya Devi and her five children will face livelihood problems. "It is going to be difficult for them," he said.
"Dinesh sacrificed his life to fight against corruption. No one will forget it," villager Ashok Yadav said.
Another villager, Mantosh Kumar, said, "We have lost a real hero for a cause."
Kumar told reporters phone that Yadav had become the talking point in Sarfuddinpur, 45 km from Patna, ever since he set fire to himself. "Dinesh has become a household name not only in the village but in Patna and New Delhi also. We were hoping he would recover," he said.
Yadav shouted pro-Anna Hazare slogans and poured petrol on himself and set himself alight near Rajghat Aug 23.
He sustained 70-80 percent burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly