Bihar: Villager killed, four naxalites arrested
Jamui (Bihar): A villager was killed and four
Naxalites arrested following an encounter between the ultras
and the security forces in the forests at Hasikol in Jamui
district, a police officer said.
The villager, identified as Dudha Murmu, was killed
after he was hit by a stray bullet during the encounter
between the security forces and the naxalites while he was
collecting fruits from the forests, Superintendent of Police
(SP) Rajnarayan Singh said.
The security forces arrested four hardcore naxalites and
seized from them a haul of arms and ammunitions in an
encounter lasting six hours, he said.
The security forces, comprising CRPF, district armed
police force, STF and SAP, used rocket launchers, explosive
launchers during over 100 rounds of firing on the heavily
armed ultras, Singh said.
Besides arresting four ultras, the security forces
also seized two mobile phones, one walky talky, one laptop,
one medical kit, 12 quintal explosives and one AK-47 rifle,
the Jamui SP said, adding three of the ultras were identified
as Talo Soren, Budhan Marandi and Jagat Marandi.
The identity of the fourth naxalite in police custody
was being ascertained, he said.
There was no no casualty or injury to the security
forces involved in the operation against the naxalites, Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof