Bihar: Villager killed, four naxalites arrested
Jamui (Bihar): A villager was killed and four
Naxalites arrested following an encounter between the ultras
and the security forces in the forests at Hasikol in Jamui
district, a police officer said.
The villager, identified as Dudha Murmu, was killed
after he was hit by a stray bullet during the encounter
between the security forces and the naxalites while he was
collecting fruits from the forests, Superintendent of Police
(SP) Rajnarayan Singh said.
The security forces arrested four hardcore naxalites and
seized from them a haul of arms and ammunitions in an
encounter lasting six hours, he said.
The security forces, comprising CRPF, district armed
police force, STF and SAP, used rocket launchers, explosive
launchers during over 100 rounds of firing on the heavily
armed ultras, Singh said.
Besides arresting four ultras, the security forces
also seized two mobile phones, one walky talky, one laptop,
one medical kit, 12 quintal explosives and one AK-47 rifle,
the Jamui SP said, adding three of the ultras were identified
as Talo Soren, Budhan Marandi and Jagat Marandi.
The identity of the fourth naxalite in police custody
was being ascertained, he said.
There was no no casualty or injury to the security
forces involved in the operation against the naxalites, Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...