Bihar: Villager killed, four naxalites arrested
Jamui (Bihar): A villager was killed and four
Naxalites arrested following an encounter between the ultras
and the security forces in the forests at Hasikol in Jamui
district, a police officer said.
The villager, identified as Dudha Murmu, was killed
after he was hit by a stray bullet during the encounter
between the security forces and the naxalites while he was
collecting fruits from the forests, Superintendent of Police
(SP) Rajnarayan Singh said.
The security forces arrested four hardcore naxalites and
seized from them a haul of arms and ammunitions in an
encounter lasting six hours, he said.
The security forces, comprising CRPF, district armed
police force, STF and SAP, used rocket launchers, explosive
launchers during over 100 rounds of firing on the heavily
armed ultras, Singh said.
Besides arresting four ultras, the security forces
also seized two mobile phones, one walky talky, one laptop,
one medical kit, 12 quintal explosives and one AK-47 rifle,
the Jamui SP said, adding three of the ultras were identified
as Talo Soren, Budhan Marandi and Jagat Marandi.
The identity of the fourth naxalite in police custody
was being ascertained, he said.
There was no no casualty or injury to the security
forces involved in the operation against the naxalites, Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand