Bihar: Wanted criminal shot dead
Muzaffarnagar: A gangster, who was wanted in 28 cases including the murder of deputy jailor of Meerut Jail, was shot dead in an encounter with STF near Karonda village in the district.
SSP B B Singh said on Thursday that Dharmender alias Lala was killed in an encounter with Meerut STF yesterday.
He was carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head.
Meanwhile, an under-trial prisoner was shot dead while he was being taken to Saharanpur from Bareilly for a court hearing.
Police some car-borne assailants shot dead Manoj at the Sahranpur railway station yesterday.
A passer-by was also injured in the firing, police said, adding he later succumbed to injuries at a hospital.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why