Bihar will get reduced share if spl status is granted: Sushil
Patna: Bihar will get a reduced share in the grant for states under Normal Central Assistance (NCA) if it is given the special status as is being demanded by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, BJP leader Sushil Modi said on Monday.
"Bihar`s share in the grant under the NCA for states under the Gadgil-Mukherjee formula will be reduced in the event of grant of special status as it will have to compete with 11 states with special category status to get 9/16 share of the funds under the head," Modi, the former deputy chief minister and state finance minister told reporters.
The funds under the NCA for states have to be shared in the ratio of 9/16 and 7/16 by the special category and general states and under the present formula Bihar gets more funds as a general category state than it will get if granted special status, he added.
Meanwhile, a former RJD MLA Ram Swarath Rai, BSP leader Janak Chamar and the JD(U) leader Rajesh Sinha joined the BJP with their supporters at a function held in the party office.
The leaders in their speeches assailed the UPA government at the centre for price rise and corruption and pledged to work for BJP to ensure NDA`s victory in the next Lok Sabha polls under Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview