Bihar witnessing a phase of transformation: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Once considered as a laggard state, Bihar is witnessing "a phase of transformation" through development in all sectors, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
The entire world is praising Bihar after seeing the positive changes visible in all walks of life, the CM said addressing a gathering at Siwan on the occasion of 76th anniversary of legislator Jagmato Devi.
The state has taken many new initiatives which were followed by the entire country, he said.
The CM said if the Centre grants special category status to Bihar, the state would stand on the front row of developed states.
He said the best part of the development in the state was that the growth was taking place in a environment of social harmony.
Later, the CM laid foundation of a pond to be constructed at a cost of Rs 12.64 crore in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie