Bihar witnessing a phase of transformation: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Once considered as a laggard state, Bihar is witnessing "a phase of transformation" through development in all sectors, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
The entire world is praising Bihar after seeing the positive changes visible in all walks of life, the CM said addressing a gathering at Siwan on the occasion of 76th anniversary of legislator Jagmato Devi.
The state has taken many new initiatives which were followed by the entire country, he said.
The CM said if the Centre grants special category status to Bihar, the state would stand on the front row of developed states.
He said the best part of the development in the state was that the growth was taking place in a environment of social harmony.
Later, the CM laid foundation of a pond to be constructed at a cost of Rs 12.64 crore in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes