Bihar: Woman beaten up by mob
Begusarai: A mentally unsatble woman was
mercilessly beaten up by a group of people at Sadar hospital
in Bihar`s Begusarai district presuming her to be a child
thief even as a home guard jawan was suspended for pulling the
victim`s hair apparently to save her from the clutches of
attackers, police said on Friday.
The woman, identified as Sobha Devi (45), was
mercilessly beaten up by some people, including women,
yesterday at Sadar hospital perceiving her to be a child
thief, sources said.
The attackers rained blows on the woman and pulled her
by the hair even as a home guard jawan Gyan Singh, on duty at
the hospital, tried to rescue the victim, they said.
A home guard jawan came to the victim`s rescue by
trying to save her by the hair from the clutches of the
attackers and took her to the Town police station from where
she was sent to a hospital for treatment, the Deputy
Superintendent of Police (DSP) Vivekanand said.
The woman did not bear marks of serious injuries and
arrangements were being made to send her to her home district
Khagaria, he said.
The jawan has been suspended, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split