Bihar: Woman beaten up by mob
Begusarai: A mentally unsatble woman was
mercilessly beaten up by a group of people at Sadar hospital
in Bihar`s Begusarai district presuming her to be a child
thief even as a home guard jawan was suspended for pulling the
victim`s hair apparently to save her from the clutches of
attackers, police said on Friday.
The woman, identified as Sobha Devi (45), was
mercilessly beaten up by some people, including women,
yesterday at Sadar hospital perceiving her to be a child
thief, sources said.
The attackers rained blows on the woman and pulled her
by the hair even as a home guard jawan Gyan Singh, on duty at
the hospital, tried to rescue the victim, they said.
A home guard jawan came to the victim`s rescue by
trying to save her by the hair from the clutches of the
attackers and took her to the Town police station from where
she was sent to a hospital for treatment, the Deputy
Superintendent of Police (DSP) Vivekanand said.
The woman did not bear marks of serious injuries and
arrangements were being made to send her to her home district
Khagaria, he said.
The jawan has been suspended, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers