Bihar: Woman IPS officer suspended on corruption charges
Patna: Bihar government on Monday suspended a woman IPS officer on corruption charges.
The official notification in this regard was issued by the home department, state Principal Secretary (Home) Amir Subhani said.
Ansuia Ransingh Sahu, a 2006 batch IPS officer, was suspended on the basis of Director General of Police Abhayanand`s report to the home department recommending appropriate action against her.
The probe ordered by the DGP had found her to be allegedly involved in corruption during her stint as Sheikhpur Superintendent of Police earlier this year.
She was accused of collecting money from liquor and quarrying mafia during her seven-month-long stint in Sheikhpur.
The home department had submitted a report Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the decision to suspend her was taken after he gave the nod, official sources said.
When contacted, Sahu, who is awaiting posting, said she would give an appropriate reply when she received the suspension order.
She had earlier denied the charges and said she was being framed at the behest of some influential people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015