Bihar: Woman IPS officer suspended on corruption charges
Patna: Bihar government on Monday suspended a woman IPS officer on corruption charges.
The official notification in this regard was issued by the home department, state Principal Secretary (Home) Amir Subhani said.
Ansuia Ransingh Sahu, a 2006 batch IPS officer, was suspended on the basis of Director General of Police Abhayanand`s report to the home department recommending appropriate action against her.
The probe ordered by the DGP had found her to be allegedly involved in corruption during her stint as Sheikhpur Superintendent of Police earlier this year.
She was accused of collecting money from liquor and quarrying mafia during her seven-month-long stint in Sheikhpur.
The home department had submitted a report Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the decision to suspend her was taken after he gave the nod, official sources said.
When contacted, Sahu, who is awaiting posting, said she would give an appropriate reply when she received the suspension order.
She had earlier denied the charges and said she was being framed at the behest of some influential people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur