Bihar: Woman IPS officer suspended on corruption charges
Patna: Bihar government on Monday suspended a woman IPS officer on corruption charges.
The official notification in this regard was issued by the home department, state Principal Secretary (Home) Amir Subhani said.
Ansuia Ransingh Sahu, a 2006 batch IPS officer, was suspended on the basis of Director General of Police Abhayanand`s report to the home department recommending appropriate action against her.
The probe ordered by the DGP had found her to be allegedly involved in corruption during her stint as Sheikhpur Superintendent of Police earlier this year.
She was accused of collecting money from liquor and quarrying mafia during her seven-month-long stint in Sheikhpur.
The home department had submitted a report Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the decision to suspend her was taken after he gave the nod, official sources said.
When contacted, Sahu, who is awaiting posting, said she would give an appropriate reply when she received the suspension order.
She had earlier denied the charges and said she was being framed at the behest of some influential people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read