Bihar: Women journalists take out candlelight march
Patna: Women journalists in Bihar on Saturday took out a candlelight march against the attack on a woman colleague in Arunachal Pradesh.
Demanding those behind the shooting incident in Itanagar be put behind the bars, the women scribes accompanied by some activists rallied from Akashbani Bhawan to the Dak Bungalow roundabout.
The member of Press Council of India Arun Kumar, who also took part, demanded the Centre pass strict legislation to protect the security of women scribes.
Tonggam Rina, 34, associate editor of Arunachal Times, in Itanagar was shot at last Sunday when she was entering her office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing