Bihar: Women journalists take out candlelight march
Patna: Women journalists in Bihar on Saturday took out a candlelight march against the attack on a woman colleague in Arunachal Pradesh.
Demanding those behind the shooting incident in Itanagar be put behind the bars, the women scribes accompanied by some activists rallied from Akashbani Bhawan to the Dak Bungalow roundabout.
The member of Press Council of India Arun Kumar, who also took part, demanded the Centre pass strict legislation to protect the security of women scribes.
Tonggam Rina, 34, associate editor of Arunachal Times, in Itanagar was shot at last Sunday when she was entering her office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan