Bihar: Women journalists take out candlelight march
Patna: Women journalists in Bihar on Saturday took out a candlelight march against the attack on a woman colleague in Arunachal Pradesh.
Demanding those behind the shooting incident in Itanagar be put behind the bars, the women scribes accompanied by some activists rallied from Akashbani Bhawan to the Dak Bungalow roundabout.
The member of Press Council of India Arun Kumar, who also took part, demanded the Centre pass strict legislation to protect the security of women scribes.
Tonggam Rina, 34, associate editor of Arunachal Times, in Itanagar was shot at last Sunday when she was entering her office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth