Bihar: Women journalists take out candlelight march
Patna: Women journalists in Bihar on Saturday took out a candlelight march against the attack on a woman colleague in Arunachal Pradesh.
Demanding those behind the shooting incident in Itanagar be put behind the bars, the women scribes accompanied by some activists rallied from Akashbani Bhawan to the Dak Bungalow roundabout.
The member of Press Council of India Arun Kumar, who also took part, demanded the Centre pass strict legislation to protect the security of women scribes.
Tonggam Rina, 34, associate editor of Arunachal Times, in Itanagar was shot at last Sunday when she was entering her office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives
- Spectacular view of the Bahamas from space – See pic!
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Oommen Chandy to meet family, promises help
- Indian Premier League 2016: Gautam Gambhir fined for kicking chair; Virat Kohli for slow over rate