Bihar YC delegation to meet Chidambaram, Trivedi
Patna: Bihar youth Congress would petition
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, Union Minister of state for
Home Jitendra Bhawar Singh and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
seeking to rechristen the names of four railway stations in
"We have decided to submit a petition to Chidambaram,
Singh and Trivedi seeking to rechristen the names of five
railway stations in Bihar," state Youth Congress president
Lalan Kumar and Secretary Sanjeev Singh told reporters.
Highlighting the historical importance of the places,
Kumar said the Sultanganj Railway station in Bihar be
rechristened as `Ajgebinath Dham`, while Sheikhpura station be
renamed as ` Hussainabad station.`
Similarly, Hajipur railway station in Bihar`s Vaishali
district be rechristened as `Amrapali station`, while
Madhepura be renamed as `Singheshwar railway station`, he
"The change of names of the stations have become
tenable in view of the growing demand of locals because of
historical importance of the places", he said.
Kumar urged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to ensure that
the state government recommend the renaming of these stations.
The delegation would also meet AICC General Secretary
Rahul Gandhi and IYC president Rajeev Satav seeking their
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India