Bihar YC delegation to meet Chidambaram, Trivedi
Patna: Bihar youth Congress would petition
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, Union Minister of state for
Home Jitendra Bhawar Singh and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
seeking to rechristen the names of four railway stations in
"We have decided to submit a petition to Chidambaram,
Singh and Trivedi seeking to rechristen the names of five
railway stations in Bihar," state Youth Congress president
Lalan Kumar and Secretary Sanjeev Singh told reporters.
Highlighting the historical importance of the places,
Kumar said the Sultanganj Railway station in Bihar be
rechristened as `Ajgebinath Dham`, while Sheikhpura station be
renamed as ` Hussainabad station.`
Similarly, Hajipur railway station in Bihar`s Vaishali
district be rechristened as `Amrapali station`, while
Madhepura be renamed as `Singheshwar railway station`, he
"The change of names of the stations have become
tenable in view of the growing demand of locals because of
historical importance of the places", he said.
Kumar urged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to ensure that
the state government recommend the renaming of these stations.
The delegation would also meet AICC General Secretary
Rahul Gandhi and IYC president Rajeev Satav seeking their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'