Bihar YC flays Nitish`s report card
Patna: Bihar Youth Congress on Saturday flayed the
report card presented by Nitish Kumar government for the sixth
consecutive year yesterday saying it was aimed at ``misleading
and befooling`` the people on all issues.
``The report card is nothing but eyewash and is
also aimed at misleading and befooling the people on all
issues``, state YC president Lalan Kumar told reporters.
Kumar held the ruling NDA responsible for the rampant
corruption and accused it of ignoring the concerns of the
people and failing to tackle the Maoists’ menace and
Releasing ``Janata Ka Report Card`` in an apparent bid to
counter the performance card, Kumar said it is nothing but
just a ``Dhong card (an eyewash) ... the people in general and
Muslims in particular, have been cheated``.
What the people had witnessed during the past was
only highlight of the chief minister’s Report Card with
photographs of Nitish Kumar in glossy paper almost on every
page, he said.
Kumar said the state government had failed to fence even
10 percent of Muslim burial grounds numbering 15,000. The
youth congress leader regretted that the number of Muslim
candidates clearing the BPSC examination had declined.
The Congress leader said the UPA-1 government at the
Centre, had sanctioned Rs 525 crore for Multi-Sectoral
Development Programme in Muslim-dominated districts of
Katihar, Araria, Purnia, Kishanganj, Darbhanga, Sitamarhi and
East Champaran. But the Nitish government had spent only Rs
13.5 crore, he alleged.
Kumar claimed that the National Minorities Development
and Finance Corporation had stopped providing funds to Bihar
State Minority Finance Corporation, following which Muslims
were not provided soft loans.
The YC leader alleged that not a single paise has been
invested in industrial sector though the state government had
received 342 proposals worth Rs 2.5 lakh crore.
He also alleged that the law and order situation had
deteriorated as evident from the spiralling crime-graph. The
number of cognisable offences has increased to 1,37,572 in
2010 from 95,942 in 1995, he said.
Kumar said the Youth Congress would circulate five lakh
copies of its own Report Card, which would highlight the state
government`s misdeeds, particularly loot of public money.
"The Youth Congress wants to know from the CM as to how
he dares to bring out performance card every year despite the
fact that there is nothing tangible seen on the ground," he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case