Bihar Youth Congress to petition for CBI probe
Patna: Holding Nitish Kumar government responsible for allegedly perpetuating financial irregularities in the state highlighted by CAG, Bihar Youth Congress will petition the Centre for a CBI prbe.
Bihar Youth Congress president Lalan Kumar today held an emergency meeting of its state executive of the wing wherein it was decided that a YC delegation would petition Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and Governor Devanand Konwar for the probe into the report for the period ended on March 31, 2011.
Talking to a news agency today, Kumar described the CAG report of Rs 22,5000 crore irregularities involving non-reconcliation of the Abstract Bill and Detailed Contingent Bill bills, besides loss, theft, defalcation and embezzlement of funds as a revelation of `the mother of all scams`.
The `scam` is bigger than the fodder scam during Lalu Prasad`s regime, he said adding only an inquiry by an independent agency like CBI would bring `looters` of public money to justice.
``We will not sit idle and the state Youth Congress will take the issue to a logical conclusion ... Come what may we are not going to tolerate the open loot of public money and will launch a decisive battle for the ouster of the Nitish Kumar government,`` he said.
The meeting decided to launch a `Maha Dharna` here and in New Delhi to press for the CBI inquiry, Kumar said adding he had directed the YC leaders to ensure participation of youths in Bihar PCC`s agitational programme from April 25 to create public awareness about the diversion, misuse, siphoning off of funds and irregularities in implementation of welfare schemes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India