Bihar:18 girls fall ill after eating mid-day-meal
Biharsharif: Around 18 girls were today taken ill due to food poisoning after eating contaminated mid-day meal (MDM) in their school at Chhoti Pahari locality in Nalanda district of Bihar, police said.
The girls complained of vomiting and stomach upset soon after eating their mid-day-meal at the Girl`s Secondary School and were rushed to the Sadar Hospital, the police said.
Some of the girls alleged that there was a smell of dead lizard in the meal served to them, they said.
As this spread to the nearby villages, the family members of the affected girls rushed to the school and created noisy scenes demanding action against the school authorities.
Later, Sohsarai police station in-charge Ravi Jyoti reached the spot and pacified the agitators by promising strict action against those found guilty for serving poisoned meal, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon