Bihari Babu to boycott BJP`s Bihar Swabhiman rally
Patna: Miffed at not being given a prominent position in the party, BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha has said that he would not attend the party`s Bihar Swabhiman rally on Sunday.
"I am not going to attend the rally because my role has not been defined," Sinha said.
The actor-turned politician, however, attended the BJP`s national executive meeting that began Saturday.
Sinha, MP from Patna Sahib, made it clear that he was not happy with the party`s functioning.
"I fail to understand the way the party is being run. Senior leaders like Yashwant Sinha, B.C. Khanduri, Arun Shourie and Hema Malini are being cornered," Sinha said, adding that the issue of BJP`s functioning should be raised at the party level.
He said he was upset with Hema Malini being denied a Rajya Sabha ticket and not invited for the rally. "She was a star campaigner for the party, but no more," he said.
The two-day national executive meeting is being attended by top party leaders including L.K. Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh, M. Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar and the chief ministers of BJP-ruled states.
The rally has been organised to launch the party`s campaign for the Bihar assembly polls scheduled for later this year. The BJP is the junior partner in the NDA coalition in Bihar that is led by the Janata Dal-United (JD-U).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred