Bihari Babu to boycott BJP`s Bihar Swabhiman rally
Patna: Miffed at not being given a prominent position in the party, BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha has said that he would not attend the party`s Bihar Swabhiman rally on Sunday.
"I am not going to attend the rally because my role has not been defined," Sinha said.
The actor-turned politician, however, attended the BJP`s national executive meeting that began Saturday.
Sinha, MP from Patna Sahib, made it clear that he was not happy with the party`s functioning.
"I fail to understand the way the party is being run. Senior leaders like Yashwant Sinha, B.C. Khanduri, Arun Shourie and Hema Malini are being cornered," Sinha said, adding that the issue of BJP`s functioning should be raised at the party level.
He said he was upset with Hema Malini being denied a Rajya Sabha ticket and not invited for the rally. "She was a star campaigner for the party, but no more," he said.
The two-day national executive meeting is being attended by top party leaders including L.K. Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh, M. Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar and the chief ministers of BJP-ruled states.
The rally has been organised to launch the party`s campaign for the Bihar assembly polls scheduled for later this year. The BJP is the junior partner in the NDA coalition in Bihar that is led by the Janata Dal-United (JD-U).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof