Bihar`s all district headquarters linked with Patna by road
Patna: The Bihar government has registered a significant achievement by linking all district headquarters of the state with Patna and now it takes maximum six hours by road to reach the state capital from any of the district headquarters town.
This has been achieved due to construction/improvement of 1296.93 km major district roads, 199.03 km national highways, 31 km of state highways and 7796.55 km of rural roads, according to the 8th report card issued by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar yesterday on the performance of his government in the last one year.
The report card gives details of work done in the state in 2013 and says that an estimated expenditure of Rs 2579.17 crore has been sanctioned for maintenance of 9064.318 km major roads and state highways under "long term output and performance based road assets maintenance contract system".
Narrating other pioneering works, the report card says for providing all-weather single road connectivity to all unlinked tolas/habitations having population up to 250, construction of 22360 roads, the length of which is approximately 37908 km has been started under `Mukhyamantri Gram Sampark Yojna`.
It further says that till now, out of a total of 5543 schemes at an estimated amount of Rs 3108.4272 crore, a total of 4054 schemes have been completed under "Mukhyamantri Setu Nirman Yojna."
Another major bridge between Saharsa to Darbhanga would be inaugurated on December 15, Secretary, Road Construction Department (RCD) Pratyay Amrit said.
Amrit said work on all major roads and bridges would be completed by 2015. The term of Nitish Kumar government will end on November 25, 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!