Bihar`s Dy CM Modi asks Centre to decide on special package
Patna: Observing that fast-paced economic development in Bihar could get delayed in the absence of a special package, the state government today asked UPA government to consider such a package for the state at the next meeting of National Development Council (NDC).
"We are not prepared to wait any further for special package as the fast-paced economic development in Bihar could get delayed in the absence of such a package," Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said at a function.
Though the state government welcomed Centre`s decision for consideration of special package for Bihar by the 14th Finance Commission but it could no longer wait for it as the development could get delayed, he said.
Centre should announce concessions in excise tax,income tax and special package to Bihar at the earliest to provide thrust and stability to the high growth rate, Modi said.
He said that the centre should consider special assistance, concessions or special package through constitutional amendment on the same parameters that such incentives were given in the past to seven Karnataka districts bordering Andhra Pradesh, Vidarbha and Marathwada region of Maharashtra and Gujarat`s Kutch district.
Bihar`s demand for grant of such packages and incentives was justified in view of 7.34 and 11 per cent growth rate under tenth and 11th plan on the basis of constant price as against the corresponding figure at 3-4 per cent between the first and fourth plan, he said.
Modi highlighted a staggering 58 per cent population of youths in Bihar comprising people below 25 years of age and said that the special impetus was required to boost economic development to fructify various aspirations of the younger generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video