Bihar`s population will be 20 crore by 2051
Patna: Bihar`s population will be 20 crore by the middle of this century, according to a study.
By 2051, Bihar`s maximum population will be 20 crore and minimum 16 crore, said the study by the Patna-based AN Sinha Institute of Social Studies.
In special issue of the institute`s journal, director Deewakar said the rising population will pose a big challenge to the state.
"The decision makers will have to provide food, qualitative education, health, employment and other facilities for ... all," he said.
According to the study, Bihar`s population can be stabilized by increasing awareness and spreading literacy.
Last year, the Bihar government launched a major initiative to stabilise population and train adolescents on reproductive health and family planning.
Bihar is one of the most densely populated states in India.
In 2001, with an average density of 1,102, Bihar was ahead of West Bengal with 1,029 and Kerala, which is at third place with 859.
In 2011, 211 more people inhabited every sq km of Bihar compared to 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return