Bihar`s population will be 20 crore by 2051
Patna: Bihar`s population will be 20 crore by the middle of this century, according to a study.
By 2051, Bihar`s maximum population will be 20 crore and minimum 16 crore, said the study by the Patna-based AN Sinha Institute of Social Studies.
In special issue of the institute`s journal, director Deewakar said the rising population will pose a big challenge to the state.
"The decision makers will have to provide food, qualitative education, health, employment and other facilities for ... all," he said.
According to the study, Bihar`s population can be stabilized by increasing awareness and spreading literacy.
Last year, the Bihar government launched a major initiative to stabilise population and train adolescents on reproductive health and family planning.
Bihar is one of the most densely populated states in India.
In 2001, with an average density of 1,102, Bihar was ahead of West Bengal with 1,029 and Kerala, which is at third place with 859.
In 2011, 211 more people inhabited every sq km of Bihar compared to 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday