BJP accuses Nitish of `secret` understanding with Cong
Patna: BJP on Tuesday accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of a `secret` understanding with Congress and said he is `speaking the language` of that party.
"Nitish Kumar is reacting more angrily than Congress against Narendra Modi`s remarks on Congress," Leader of the opposition in Bihar Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav told reporters here while rubbishing Kumar`s assertions that JD(U) has no plan to enter into an alliance with Congress after the split in NDA.
Yadav, who was earlier the state convener of NDA, said since JD(U) is divided over entering into ties with Congress Kumar is not showing the courage to accept liaising with Congress.
"What stopped him (Kumar) from criticising Congress for price rise and corruption under UPA. The Manmohan Singh government has again increased price of petrol but Nitish Kumar has no reaction to it. What does this show?" he asked.
"Narendra Modi speaking on the lines of socialist leader Rammanohar Lohia had said that Congress is at the root of all problems in the country today. But, Nitish who claims himself as follower of Lohia is choosing to attack Modi instead of speaking against Congress," Yadav, accompanied by state BJP President Mangal Pandey said.
The BJP leader said Nitish Kumar whose politics is rooted in `anti-Congressism` is today under its influence to save his government in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception