BJP accuses Nitish of `secret` understanding with Cong
Patna: BJP on Tuesday accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of a `secret` understanding with Congress and said he is `speaking the language` of that party.
"Nitish Kumar is reacting more angrily than Congress against Narendra Modi`s remarks on Congress," Leader of the opposition in Bihar Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav told reporters here while rubbishing Kumar`s assertions that JD(U) has no plan to enter into an alliance with Congress after the split in NDA.
Yadav, who was earlier the state convener of NDA, said since JD(U) is divided over entering into ties with Congress Kumar is not showing the courage to accept liaising with Congress.
"What stopped him (Kumar) from criticising Congress for price rise and corruption under UPA. The Manmohan Singh government has again increased price of petrol but Nitish Kumar has no reaction to it. What does this show?" he asked.
"Narendra Modi speaking on the lines of socialist leader Rammanohar Lohia had said that Congress is at the root of all problems in the country today. But, Nitish who claims himself as follower of Lohia is choosing to attack Modi instead of speaking against Congress," Yadav, accompanied by state BJP President Mangal Pandey said.
The BJP leader said Nitish Kumar whose politics is rooted in `anti-Congressism` is today under its influence to save his government in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’