BJP ally RLSP announces candidates for two Bihar seats
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)`s ally in Bihar, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP), on Tuesday announced candidates for two of the three seats it is contesting in the Lok Sabha polls in the state.
RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha, who released the first list, said the party has decided to field him from Karakat and Arun Kumar from Jehanabad.
"The party will announce the candidate for Sitamarhi seat in the next three-four days," Kushwaha said.
The BJP joined hands with Kushwaha`s party last month and decided to give it three out of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
Kushwaha is a former Janata Dal (United) Rajya Sabha member but parted ways with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in early 2013.
The BJP is eyeing Kushwaha`s castemen, Koeri, who have a presence across the state.
The BJP has also joined hands with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan, who is known to enjoy the support of his Dalit caste, Paswan, known as Dusadh.
The BJP has given seven seats to the LJP and the saffron party is contesting on 30 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok