BJP ally RLSP announces candidates for two Bihar seats
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)`s ally in Bihar, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP), on Tuesday announced candidates for two of the three seats it is contesting in the Lok Sabha polls in the state.
RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha, who released the first list, said the party has decided to field him from Karakat and Arun Kumar from Jehanabad.
"The party will announce the candidate for Sitamarhi seat in the next three-four days," Kushwaha said.
The BJP joined hands with Kushwaha`s party last month and decided to give it three out of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
Kushwaha is a former Janata Dal (United) Rajya Sabha member but parted ways with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in early 2013.
The BJP is eyeing Kushwaha`s castemen, Koeri, who have a presence across the state.
The BJP has also joined hands with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan, who is known to enjoy the support of his Dalit caste, Paswan, known as Dusadh.
The BJP has given seven seats to the LJP and the saffron party is contesting on 30 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field