BJP ally RLSP announces candidates for two Bihar seats
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)`s ally in Bihar, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP), on Tuesday announced candidates for two of the three seats it is contesting in the Lok Sabha polls in the state.
RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha, who released the first list, said the party has decided to field him from Karakat and Arun Kumar from Jehanabad.
"The party will announce the candidate for Sitamarhi seat in the next three-four days," Kushwaha said.
The BJP joined hands with Kushwaha`s party last month and decided to give it three out of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
Kushwaha is a former Janata Dal (United) Rajya Sabha member but parted ways with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in early 2013.
The BJP is eyeing Kushwaha`s castemen, Koeri, who have a presence across the state.
The BJP has also joined hands with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan, who is known to enjoy the support of his Dalit caste, Paswan, known as Dusadh.
The BJP has given seven seats to the LJP and the saffron party is contesting on 30 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal