BJP ally RLSP announces candidates for two Bihar seats
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)`s ally in Bihar, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP), on Tuesday announced candidates for two of the three seats it is contesting in the Lok Sabha polls in the state.
RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha, who released the first list, said the party has decided to field him from Karakat and Arun Kumar from Jehanabad.
"The party will announce the candidate for Sitamarhi seat in the next three-four days," Kushwaha said.
The BJP joined hands with Kushwaha`s party last month and decided to give it three out of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
Kushwaha is a former Janata Dal (United) Rajya Sabha member but parted ways with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in early 2013.
The BJP is eyeing Kushwaha`s castemen, Koeri, who have a presence across the state.
The BJP has also joined hands with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan, who is known to enjoy the support of his Dalit caste, Paswan, known as Dusadh.
The BJP has given seven seats to the LJP and the saffron party is contesting on 30 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended