BJP ally RLSP announces candidates for two Bihar seats
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)`s ally in Bihar, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP), on Tuesday announced candidates for two of the three seats it is contesting in the Lok Sabha polls in the state.
RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha, who released the first list, said the party has decided to field him from Karakat and Arun Kumar from Jehanabad.
"The party will announce the candidate for Sitamarhi seat in the next three-four days," Kushwaha said.
The BJP joined hands with Kushwaha`s party last month and decided to give it three out of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
Kushwaha is a former Janata Dal (United) Rajya Sabha member but parted ways with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in early 2013.
The BJP is eyeing Kushwaha`s castemen, Koeri, who have a presence across the state.
The BJP has also joined hands with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan, who is known to enjoy the support of his Dalit caste, Paswan, known as Dusadh.
The BJP has given seven seats to the LJP and the saffron party is contesting on 30 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama